Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Picture Doesn't Lie

Most women (because we are so hard on ourselves in general) look in the mirror and we see our imperfections.  We see rolls that may or may not exist, we see double chins, wide hips, etc.  For the most part, I have a healthy view of myself.  I was thin most of my life and sometimes, I still see that thin person.  I may look in the mirrror and make a mental note that I could stand to lose a little weight or to do a few situps, but mostly, I feel okay with how I look. 

But then there are pictures.

One of the things that finally got me started on this weight loss journey was a picture of myself.  Oh my.  My face looked huge.  I had 2 chins.  My arms were very broad.  I looked like a fatter version of myself.  And I didn't like it.  At all. 

Pictures of me in the past few months have left no room for interpretation.  I had weight to lose.  And more than just a few pounds. I don't know why I needed pictures to help me realize this.  I had my pants that were getting too tight.  I was on the verge of having to buy all new sizes as my 10's were getting very snug. 

But even with all of this information, it was still the pictures that showed me.  It was time.  I had weight to lose, and the sooner the better. 

So, here I am. . . Looking forward to seeing a picture of myself that brings satisfaction.  Soon perhaps.

3 comments:

  1. It was a picture taken of me Xmas 2010 that got my butt in gear. This Xmas will be much different for me! Anyway, you're doing great, so you'll get that satisfaction soon - I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time, I look in the mirror and think that I'm fairly pretty, and like you, I'll see a picture, and suddenly that image is dashed. But here's to hard work, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so similar. I had the exact same thing, for months i acknowledged clothes were getting tighter but did nothing until the photo

    ReplyDelete