Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Motivation

I've been having a good week in terms of body image.  I'm so happy to finally be in the 150's.  I'm so happy to pretty much be half way to my goal, and I'm happy that things are feeling a bit loser on me these days. 

Here are some things that are keeping me motivated.  Motivated to continue to stick to my 29 points daily, motivated to get out and walk every single day, and motivated to continue to drop a few pounds.

1.  The way my clothes fit! Oh my! Who would have thought I would be so motivated by that!  Last night after the kiddos went to sleep, I tried on a couple pair of shorts because I have an occassion where I will need to wear them this weekend.  Last summer the two pairs of shorts didn't fit me but hey, I was pregnant.  The summer before, they were so snug that I had the muffin top tummy hanging out.  Last night???  They were both baggy!  Not so baggy that I can't still wear them, but they fit, and there was room to grow! My size 10's are all baggy to the point where there are a couple that look ridiculous when I wear them.  Pretty soon, I will for surely be wearing all 8's!  In fact, one of the pair of shorts I mentioned earlier are 8's!

2.  My goal weight is a huge motivation for me.  My goal weight is 140, but let's be honest, I would be very satisfied to be within 5 pounds of that.  I can't remember the last time I weighed that little!  Probably when I was a senior in high school.  Okay, I know what people are thinking. . . we aren't meant to be the size we were in high school, but that was truly a good weight for me.  Then I went to college, and quickly gained the Freshman 15. . . then the Sophomore 15, etc.  At 140, I think I'd feel pretty good. 

3.  As crazy as this probably sounds, other people are starting to notice that I've lost weight as well, and people comment on how good I look.  That always keeps me going and keeps me on track! I hate to admit that I care so much about what other people say, but positive reinforcement is always nice. 

And lastly, everytime I want to grab that cookie, or regular Mt. Dew, or bag of Doritos, or you name it, I think of this quote:

Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels

And yes, I realize that there are many people who despise that quote. . . such as some Anorexia foundations. But I'm not trying to starve myself.  I'm trying to be a healthy size 6 in a normal BMI range.  That's all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just blogged that skinny quote too! My struggle is in that moment of craving/temptation, when I have to compare the long-term reward of hard work, exercise, and diligence with the short-term reward of eating something good... often the short-term reward wins out because of my desire for instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that quote written down in my food diary. Haha. It sure helps. Also, my roommate and I did Jillian's 30-Day Shred for about a month and half, and both of us were getting tightened and toned. It's only about 26 minutes a day, and it's hard work, but it's effective if you're looking for something to help you get toned! :)

    ReplyDelete