Tuesday, August 9, 2011

4th Weigh In

Today was the 4th weigh in.  I've now been on Weight Watchers for 1 month, and I really like the progress I'm making.  Here are today's results.

Weight: 161.8
BMI: 23.9
Total Weight Loss: 11.6 Pounds

I am very happy with these results.  I'm a bit surprised I lost so much this week.  I'm happy about it, but it makes me scared that my weight loss "plateau" will be happening soon, and I'm not quite ready for that yet.  I haven't seen the scale in the 150's in probably over 5 years.  I really want to see that!  And let's not get ahead of ourselves and talk about seeing the scale in the 140's.  That has surely been over 10 years. 

I look at the week on a from Tuesday to Tuesday basis.  (Naturally, because Tuesdays are weigh in days)  In that 7 day week, I try to stay completely on track 5 of those days.  Two of those days, I allow myself to be a little "bad."  I'll get takeout from my favorite Indian Restaurant, which includes the most delish naan you've ever had.  I'll drink beer and wine.  But then the next day, I'll get my butt outside and go for a 30 minute walk.  And most of that walk will involve me feeling guilty about how poorly I ate the day before.  But here's the thing.  I don't have to be perfect, and I'm realizing that.  I can enjoy my foods here and there as long as I'm mostly good. 

Here is a picture of me from my first day of the program, and here is a picture of me one month later.  I plan on taking my pic every month. 

Here is hoping the next month is as successful as the first month!

1 comment: