Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6th Weigh In

My weight continues to go down, and I am FINALLY in the 150's, which I've been longing to be in.  I can't remember the last time I weighed in the 150's.  Well, I think I can remember.  I believe it was 2003.  And I believe it was due in part to the fact that I was about to get married.  And then I got married.  And ate, and ate, and ate.  Isn't that what happily married people do? 

Here are this week's results:

Weight Lost This Week: 2.8 pounds
Current Weight: 157.2

Current BMI: 23.2
Total Weight Lost: 16.2 pounds

I am very happy with my weight loss so far.  I've been working really hard at this, and I feel more determined than ever to be happy with my body.  But at the same time, I realize that happiness with my body runs deeper than a number on a scale.  Here I am. . . I've lost more than 16 pounds, and to be honest, I still feel fat.  My tummy has no muscle tone, which can most likely be attributed to my pregnancy of a year ago.  My face looks heavy, my arms feel big, my legs feel big.  Oh my! Do I have some self image issues? 

Not only that, but I'm waiting to fit into smaller clothing.  I'm still wearing 10's, although they are looser than they used to be.  I don't know.  I think I've just felt badly about my weight for so long, that all I can still see is a large girl.

Here is to having better self image and to seeing the beauty in myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment