Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Progress

I've enjoyed taking pictures at the beginning of each month.  I'm a very visual person, and I knew that it would provide extra motivation to me if I could actually see the results of weight loss.

Here I am, starting out in early July, at 173.4 pounds.

Here I am at the beginning of the 2nd month, 4 weeks later, and about 8 pounds thinner.


And here I am, yesterday, 18 pounds thinner, and 8 weeks later.


I guess if I had to see a difference, I would say I'm less bulky, especially up top.  I can also see a collarbone, and perhaps my legs are a bit thinner.  It's amazing though, I thought 18 pounds would be more obvious.  I definitely see a difference, but not as large of a difference as I thought 18 pounds would look like. 

I'm noticing that I'm ready for smaller pants.  I wear corporate attire to my job, and my current size 10's look frumpy.  I've lost weight in my waist, which makes my pants hang more, and now they are all too long.  I've also lost some weight in my butt and my pants make it look like I have saggy butt.  Not a good look!  So, perhaps after I lose a few more pounds, I'll go searching for new pants. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? You can see a HUGE difference! You are a LOT smaller. It's fantastic. (The angle of each photo is probably messing with you.) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can, definitely, see a big difference, too! Congrats - you should be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete