Tuesday, October 18, 2011

13th Weigh In

Current Weight = 151
Total Weight Loss = 22.4 pounds

I'm still losing weight, but I'm also losing steam.  I don't know what my problem is.  When I first set out on this weight loss goal, I showed up the first day at my weight watchers meeting thinking that I would like to be about 135 pounds to 140 pounds.  Realistically, I didn't even know what that looked like.  I probably haven't been that weight since I was 17 or 18 years old and a high school student.  But about 30 pounds sounded like a great goal to me, and I decided 140 sounded like a good, round number.

I have really stuck to the plan, and I keep losing weight, which is great.  Now all of a sudden (okay, it wasn't THAT sudden) have lost more than 22 pounds.  I weight 151 pounds, I'm wearing mostly size 6 pants, and the size 8's that I do own, are mostly too large.  About halfway through this session, I decided that perhaps 145 was a more realistic weight, and I decided that I would look good at that weight.  So, 145 became THE goal weight.  Yes, only 6 more pounds.

But at about this time, I totally lost motivation.  Most days, I'm eating poorly, yet I'm sticking to the plan enough times during the week that I'm able to maintain.  I continue to receive compliments from people I pass in the halls of work, telling me how thin I look.  My family members keep commenting on my thinness. My husband, my boss, etc.  And this is where the lack of motivation comes from.  I'm sitting here at 151, trying to figure out if THIS should be my weight?  At this weight, I have a very healthy BMI, I mostly feel good about my appearance.  A big part of me just doesn't have the motivation to keep going.  Would I feel EVEN BETTER 5 pounds lighter?   I would.  I really would.  But when so many people are saying I'm thin, sometimes this just feels good enough. 

I have a weigh in today, and I'm expecting a gain of a minimum of a pound.  I really went crazy this week, and to top it off, I had a big family celebration yesterday that involved pizza and cake, and I guess you could say I indulged.  But I also have a renewed sense of focus, and this week, my goal is to stay strictly on the plan, and to try to go for those extra few pounds. 

In my dream world, I would never see 150 on the scale again, and would always stay below that.  Now I just have to dig deep within to make that a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment